We’ve started a new, quasi-regular column on the Blog titled “Under The Tents”. The title is symbolic, as it’s representatives of the times we all line up under the tents waiting for those big moments to happen inside Hall H or Ballroom 20.
You can find last night’s late edition here.
Here’s the stuff you might have missed for today:
- @kusoviny announced its latest exclusive, the Death Serpent Southern edition which will be limited to 90 pcs and available at booth #5642 for $110.
- While many have speculated that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy cast might be making their world debut together at Comic Con, much like as The Avengers cast did in 2011, we have our first hint that might not happen. Actor Dave Bautista, who’s set to play Drax the Destroyer, said via Twitter that he won’t be there this year, but suggested the movie will be in attendance for 2014 [thanks @lennyukdeejay]:
@lennyukdeejay Color me jealous! I don't think people know what a geek i am! Well maybe they do! Doh! I love Comic Con! 2014 fosho!! GOTG!!
— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) June 27, 2013
- Squibbles Ink + Rotofugi have started to revealed its exclusives for SDCC this year, starting with the adorable hoot and hush omen blink vinyl figures.
Each 3.5″ tall vinyl figure is an limited 800 pieces and will be available beginning on Preview Night for $14 at the Squibbles Ink + Rotofugi booth, #5248.
- Toy News International has posted an image of the SDCC-exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder figure which was announced with the Nickelodeon panels yesterday. This will be sold at the Nickelodeon booth, #4113.
- Digital Comics publisher GoComics has released its signing and event schedule at its booth, #1503 and 1505. The company will be giving out free comics and prints during the signings, as well as have a street team in the Gaslamp daily handing out sneak previews of 2014 items, t-shirts and more. They will be announcing the street team’s location daily on Twitter. Lastly, they’re planning a GoComics/Andrews McMeel tweet-up, where you can meet creators, get free autographs, get special giveaways and more. Check out their plans here.
- The eleventh Toucan Tip of the Day has been posted to the Official Blog of Comic-Con International, and it’s perhaps the most important advice yet – “Hang on to Your Badge!”. You’ve made it this far, so don’t get shut out just because you lost your badge:
Getting a Comic-Con badge is no easy task. HANG ON TO YOUR BADGE! (Yes, we’re shouting at you.)Not only do you need it to get in the door each day at the Convention Center, you also need it to access our events at our satellite areas, at the Hilton Bayfront, the Marriott Marquis, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and some other offsite areas. … (PS: Take your badge with you when you go out to eat, too! Area restaurants will be offering special deals for Comic-Con attendees!)
- Crackle, Sony Pictures Television’s online video network, is bringing cast and crew of their upcoming film Extraction for a panel on Friday July 19th, according to filmmaker Tony Giglio on Twitter. While details don’t seem to be finalized, Giglio said he hopes to bring actors Sean Astin, Joanne Kelly, Jon Foo and Falk Hentschel.
— Tony Giglio (@tonygig) June 27, 2013
- Super7 has announced its latest exclusive in the MONSTER FAMILY, the LITTLE PRICK “LATE NIGHT” VINYL FIGURE. The figure will be available at booth #5425 and will be $35.