For real this time – today’s final San Diego Comic-Con Special Guest announcement brings the total number of Special Guests up to 70. As with every year though, these definitely won’t be the only panelists in attendance. No, we’re just getting started — as panel confirmations have already started going out, and we’re starting to get a much fuller picture of the convention.
From the official Toucan Blog, here’s the final reveal of Special Guests headed to SDCC:
- Samuel L. Glanzman, writer/artist, A Sailor’s Story
- Caitlin R. Kiernan, author, The Drowning Girl: A Memoir, The Dreaming
- Dave McCaig, color artist, American Vampire, Superman: Birthright
- Jim Steranko, writer, artist, publisher, Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Prevue Magazine
- Kazuki Takahashi, creator, Yu-Gi-Oh!
Special guests typically receive a special “Spotlight” panel during the convention, so attendees have a chance to hear their favorite authors and artists speak live.
You can also catch up on tons of other things and people who will be at San Diego Comic-Con in our Under the Tents updates.
Are you excited about these guests? Let us know in the comments.