It’s less than six weeks before WonderCon 2016 kicks off, and news is starting to pick up. If you haven’t already scored parking to the convention, you can do so now to cross something off your to-do list. You can also look forward to seeing Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Brett Dalton at the convention, as well as The 100‘s writer Shawna Benson – and we look at what their individual appearances might mean for their respective series appearances as well. Plus, there’s news of several art prints for Adventure Time, Supergirl, Steven Universe, Sailor Moon, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Cartoonist Terry Moore revealed on Twitter that he’ll be heading to both San Diego Comic-Con 2016 and WonderCon.
On my calendar: La Mole, Wondercon, Emerald City, SDCC, Boston, Rose City, NYCC.
— Terry Moore ✏️ (@TerryMooreArt) February 4, 2016
- Every year, Comic-Con International partners with the Comics Arts Conference to bring a slate of educational panels to their conventions. CCI announced this year’s CAC, which includes highlights like “Captain America vs. Iron Man: Freedom, Security, Psychology in Marvel’s Civil War and Beyond”, “Comics and Gender”, and more. Find the full schedule on CCI’s website.
- Actor Brett Dalton, who plays Grant Ward on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., announced on Twitter that he’ll be at WonderCon this year. So what does that mean? While it’s entirely possible that ABC is bringing Agents to WonderCon this year – they’ve brought series like Once Upon a Time in the past, and the move to LA could also mean an increase in the number of TV series we see at the convention – it could just as easily mean that Dalton is flying solo. He lists all three dates for WonderCon, which implies he might be there by himself signing autographs and doing other appearances, but stay tuned.
ICYMI: "Upcoming cons! Vegas (Mar 19-20), Wondercon LA (Mar 26-7), Madison (Apr 9-10), BC (May 13-15), Starfury (Ju… https://t.co/UIWOGktjcC
— Brett Dalton (@IMBrettDalton) February 13, 2016
- Cartoonist Katya Bowser showed off several pieces headed to WonderCon this year, including a Steven Universe print, as well as Wonder Woman and Supergirl prints. Could that Supergirl print be any cuter?
- Shawna Benson, a writer for The 100, revealed that she’ll be on a fandom panel for WonderCon, although no further details about the panel were given. With at least one The 100 writer in attendance, could we be seeing a panel for The 100? The cast has appeared before (in 2014), but with only a handful of episodes set to air following WonderCon, Warner Bros. may decide to use the time to promote something else instead. Also: Watch The 100. You’re missing out.
Hey guys, I've got some GOOD NEWS about that Fandom panel I proposed for Wondercon.
We're back on! Details soon!
— Shawna Benson (@shawnabenson) February 12, 2016
- Disney Interactive Visual Development artist Gabby Zapata and designer Jaime Ugarte have your Sailormoon fix at WonderCon this year, with a very cute button set (as well as other button sets).
✨Cute buttons that @haimeh_ugarte & I will have at #wondercon this year! Earthbound & Sailormoon have cool fx!😊✨ pic.twitter.com/QZpUVBIf88
— Gabby Zapata (@gabbyzapata) February 12, 2016
✨🌙 Coming to Wondercon: SailorMoon heart button packs! Only 10 available-Maybe, to the shop if enough interest! 🌙✨ pic.twitter.com/TUSs5Ba650
— Gabby Zapata (@gabbyzapata) February 12, 2016
- The fun will never end, it’s Adventure Time – at least in these cool pieces from Gwyn Conaway. You can snag one for yourself at Artist Alley Booth C-20.
#AdventureTime is coming with me to #Wondercon! #ArtistAlley Booth C-20! pic.twitter.com/EomdHfUCcQ
— 🍃Gwyn🍃 (@GwynConawayArt) February 11, 2016
- YouTube series Super Geeked Up is headed to WonderCon with what sounds like a panel. You can find more information on their Facebook page.
- Rick Remender, the creator of Tokyo Ghost, revealed that an exclusive hardcover version of Vol 1 of Tokyo Ghost “should be ready by WonderCon”.
- Good news for fans of Nutmeg, the comic series by Jackie Crofts and James F. Wright. There will be a convention exclusive cover for Wyverns & Wastelands Nutmeg #7, by Eric Koch, set to debut at WonderCon.
Convention-exclusive "Wyverns & Wastelands" cover of @NutmegComic #7 by Eric Koch. Debuting at WonderCon this year. pic.twitter.com/W0C0n3bR6M
— Medgar Allan Poe (@chuckspear) January 30, 2016
- Attendees can stop by the Collector’s Shangri-La Booth #505 during WonderCon to score exclusive signed limited edition prints by Dan Piraro and Alex Gross, or for in-person autograph signings with Olivia de Berardinis, Gris Grimley, Miss Mindy, Adventure Time’s Martin Olson, Pig Goat Banana Cricket’s Johnny Ryan, and more. See their Facebook event page for more information.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.