As we announced a few weeks ago – The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are charging back into Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con this year – but AMC is also bringing along Preacher and Geeking Out.
The Walking Dead panel is set for Friday, July 22 from 1PM-2PM in Hall H, and will include panelists Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Chandler Riggs, Michael Cudlitz, Sonequa Martin-Green, Christian Serratos, Ross Marquand, Josh McDermitt and Jeffrey Dean Morgan along with Executive Producer and Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Executive Producer Robert Kirkman, Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd, Executive Producer, Director and Special Effects Make-up Supervisor Greg Nicotero and Executive Producer David Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
But first, attendees will be treated to Fear the Walking Dead, also in Hall H from 12PM-1PM. Panelists include Kim Dickens, Cliff Curtis, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Frank Dillane, Lorenzo James Henrie, Mercedes Mason, Colman Domingo and Danay Garcia along with Executive Producer and Showrunner David Erickson, Executive Producers Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and Dave Alpert. The panel will be moderated by “Talking Dead” host Chris Hardwick.
The network is also bringing along Preacher for its SDCC debut this year, and it will also be in Hall H on Friday, July 22, from 6:30PM-8:30PM, along with cast members Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti and Graham McTavish along with Executive Producers Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Co-Executive Producer Garth Ennis. The panel will be moderated by Kevin Smith. Best of all? The panel includes a live stage reading of the penultimate episode. Um, awesome.
Attendees can also find Kevin Smith in a panel for Geeking Out on Saturday at 7PM in Hall H – which gives plenty of room for Marvel Studios to be in its usual 5:30PM-6:30PM position just before, as Smith typically closes out the night.
There will also be autograph signing sessions for both Walking Dead series, though sadly, not for Preacher.
AMC will host fan activations throughout the weekend, including a-themed booth (#4237) in the Convention Center, where fans can stop by to take photos of themselves among Negan’s (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) infamous “lineup” from the season six finale, as well as a Fear the Walking Dead yacht, at the Fifth Avenue Pier behind the Convention Center, where fans can experience life aboard the Abigail.
Here’s the full schedule:
“FEAR THE WALKING DEAD”
- Panel from 12:00-1:00pm PT on Friday, July 22 in Hall H
- Autograph session aboard the “Fear The Walking Dead” yacht from 12:00-1:00pm PT on Saturday, July 23, Fifth Avenue Pier (Behind Convention Center)
- “Fear The Walking Dead” Abigail experience is free to all (ages 13+) and open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:00am – 9:00pm PT.
“THE WALKING DEAD”
- Panel from 1:00-2:00pm PT on Friday, July 22 in Hall H
- Autograph session from 2:30-3:30pm PT on Friday, July 22 at AMC’s booth #4237
- Panel and live stage reading of the penultimate season one episode on Friday, July 22 from 6:30-8:30pm PT in Hall H
- Kevin Smith panel at 7:00pm PT on Saturday, July 23 in Hall H