There are 31 days until San Diego Comic-Con — which means the news just keeps coming faster and faster. Today, we’ve got an update on the odds of actor Sam Witwer showing up at the con, a cool Marvel costume designer’s autograph signing, news about tokidoki, artwork from Alex Ross, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Sam Witwer, best known for his role as Aidan Waite in the show Being Human, announced via Twitter that he will not be attending the con this year due to work.
can't. Working. 🙁
— Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) June 17, 2016
- Costume designer for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ann Foley told a fan on Twitter that she will be signing autographs after her panel for Dressing the Characters on Saturday July 23rd. While Foley didn’t confirm all the panelists — which include Giovanna Melton (Marvel’s Agent Carter), Terry Dresbach (Outlander), Luis Sequeira (The Strain), and Kiersten Ronning (Supergirl) — for the signing, odds are good they will all be there.
— Ann Foley (@afoley24) June 18, 2016
- Apparel and toy company tokidoki teased a new vinyl figure headed to the con this year.
- Remember that Fat Rabbit Farms Captain America plush we showed you? Loos like there’s an Iron Man bunny plush also headed to the con.
- Artist Allen Williams showed off one of his recent pieces, Damnatio Memoraie: Condemnation of Memory, via Instagram. There will be prints at SDCC at Booth #4613.
- Ale Garza, an artist for Marvel and DC, has opened up San Diego Comic-Con commissions. Garza will create 11″/17″ ful color, Bristol board commissions as well as comic book blanks – and to get on the list, find more information on Instagram.
- Artist Tim Shay revealed several pieces he’ll have available at the convention.
- Artist and designer Axel 13 announced that his latest sketchbook, Monster Sketches, will be sold at SDCC at Booth #4630.
- Artist Camilla d’Errico showed off a sneak peek at her latest piece, Gudetama. You can pick it up at Booth #4723 at Comic-Con.
— helmetgirl (@Helmetgirl) June 16, 2016
- Lucha Libre company Masked Republic revealed that several performers, including Melissa Santos, Brian Cage, Jeff Cobb, and more will be making appearances at the con at Booth #1901. Doesn’t confirm signings, but seems likely.
— Masked Republic (@maskedrepublic) June 17, 2016
- Fantagraphic Books teased that they’ll be debuting several books at SDCC this year, so keep your “peepers peeled”.
— Fantagraphics (@fantagraphics) June 17, 2016
- UDON revealed that artists Long Vo, Edwin Huang, Jeffrey Cruz, and Joe Ng will be at their booth at the con, likely signing autographs. UDON promisd more information soon.
— UDON Entertainment (@UdonEnt) June 17, 2016
- In addition to her Friday panel, Sweet Dreams Aren’t Made of These: Horror and Thriller Authors Bring Your Nightmares to Life with fellow authors Paul Tremblay, Amy Lukavics, Paula Treick Deboard, Thomas Olde Heuveldt, and Jonathan Maberry — author Tosca Lee will also be signing autographs in Sails on Friday at Table #AA 09 from 5PM-6PM.
- Toy designers 3A will have an exclusive Velvet Andy TK figure at the con. No word yet on pricing.
- For fans of the webcomic The Ballad of Sally Sprocket & Piston Pete, we told you already about a limited line of Symbiote Studios toys from the series that will be debuting at Anime Expo and SDCC 2016. Now, we’ve got a look at the figures — which will be available at Booth #K-06.
- Artist Chris Thorne teased a piece that he’s working on for San Diego Comic-Con.
- Artist HANGBoY showed off another entry in his Classical Painting Series, which is headed to the con, this time featuring his signature big-headed creations celebrating… biblical style.
- Space Command — the sci-fi series starring Doug Jones, Mira Furlan, Robert Picardo, Bill Mumy, and more — will be signing exclusive posters at the convention on Friday, July 22 at 3PM. The Booth information is still to be announced.
- In addition to the Tom Whalen variant Jungle Book poster which Cyclops Print Works is bringing to the con, you’ll also be able to grab a variant edition of his Robin Hood poster. Both posters will be available Saturday, July 23, only as part of the Gallery Nucleus Booth #2643. Here’s a look at the original Robin Hood poster:
- Want a commission from Eisner-nominated artist Nick Pitarra? Contact Felix Comic Art for the details.
— Felix Comic Art (@FelixComicArt) June 18, 2016
- Alex Ross will have a limited lithograph featuring everyone’s favorite caped crusader, called “Scars”, available at the convention this year at Booth #2415.
— Sal Abbinanti (@SalAbbinanti) June 19, 2016
- Artist Sean Forney, who you can find at Artist Alley AA-15 at the con, showed off some work-in-progress sketches he’ll have at the convention, including a Skeletor and a TMNT Leonardo.
— Sean Forney at C2E2 O-6 (@SeanForneyArt) June 19, 2016
- LA-based artist Scott Wills showed off a Samurai Jack poster that’s heading to SDCC.