It’s getting to be the time of year where our Under the Tents column comes almost daily, so we’ve got another new edition for you! In today’s UTT, we’ve got news of a Miraculous Ladybug appearance, word on how to attend an Aisha Tyler secret fan event, Skybound and Toddland exclusives teases, and lots of commission lists that have opened up.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Miraculous Ladybug, the French CGI series that airs here in the states on Nickelodeon, will be represented at Comic-Con in some form! Creator Thomas Astruc revealed on Twitter that he’ll be at the convention this summer. For a Nickelodeon panel? On the exhibit floor? We’ll have to wait to find out.
- Actor Greg Grunberg revealed on Twitter that he will also be at the convention this year, to film segments with Kevin Smith for their AMC series Geeking Out, as well as signing copies of his graphic novel Dream Jumper.
- No surprise, but Xbox is returning to SDCC this year. No word yet on their plans, but we expect them to return with the popular Xbox Lounge.
- Leonard Sultana, best known as An Englishman in San Diego, announced on Twitter that his reunion panel will be called The British Invasion: Spirit of ’86, and that it will be “celebrating the vanguard of UK talent that shaped comics forever”. Panelists so far include Sultana and former President of DC Comics, Paul Levitz.
- Award winning author Alex Irvine will be signing autographs at the convention, though no word yet on specifics.
- Writer Christos Gage announced via Twitter that he’ll be at SDCC this year, with “more details to follow”, but it sounds like he’ll be signing autographs for IDW.
- LEGO artist Dan Veesenmeyer has opened up commissions for the convention — and you should definitely jump on that. You can find more information about how to get on his list through his site.
- Deadpool creator Robert Liefeld teased on Twitter that he has a “big, fun signing” at Comic-Con this year. We can’t wait to hear more.
- Looks like we can expect more news about Skybound’s San Diego Comic-Con exclusives to begin rolling out next week, as the company posted a teaser graphic online.
- Genevieve FT, an illustrator and comic artist, is now taking commissions for San Diego Comic-Con. You can find more information on her tumblr.
- Love the DC Comics Mighty Meeples? Publisher Cryptozic suggests you stop by their booth during Comic-Con.
- Sculptors the Shiftlett Brothers are back on the exhibit floor this year, and they’ll be next to artist Todd Lockwood.
- Want to hang out with Aisha Tyler? Her annual fan appreciation Comic-Con event, a live taping of her podcast Girl on Guy, will be taking place on Thursday, July 21. If you want to attend, listen to episode 215 of her show, though there are only a few tickets remaining.
- Cult movie writer and actor Michael Varrati revealed on Twitter that he’ll be exhibiting at the convention this year.
- National bestselling sci-fi authors The Winner Twins will be exhibiting at the con again this year, and you can find them at Booth #1601.
- Artist Scott C. (Scott Campbell), whose work you should definitely check out, will be exhibiting at the convention again this year. You can find him at Booth #2643.
- Eisner-award winning author of Bandette, Paul Tobin, will be signing autographs at the convention this year, though it sounds like he’ll only be in attendance on Friday and part of Saturday. Stay tuned for more details.
- If you’ll be attending the Cosplaying With Your Kid panel at San Diego Comic-Con (with Shawn Richter and Kid Coulson, as well as others) – there’s free swag in your future! Kim McAndrew showed off a “big ass box of rubber duckies” on Instagram which will be handed out at the panel.
- Did you love Toddland’s Wave One Bob’s Burgers exclusives? There’s more where that came from! You can find all of Wave Two on our site on Monday, but for now, here’s some sneak peeks from Twitter: