Sunday, Funday, better than a Monday. Can only do it one way, and that is the — well, you know or you don’t. Alcohol may or may not have been involved in the writing of this Sunday Funday Under the Tents, but what was definitely involved is lots of cool new art,
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist James Silvani is going to have some awesome originals at Booth #5555 on the show floor, featuring some of your childhood favorites for just $80.
- Forget the Bayfront Lawn — this is Turtle Lawn! Bling Squared Cute Glass has some adorable custom glass sculptures which you can find at E-5 on the show floor.
- Please Boop Responsibly. You can grab both “Boop Rebuttal” and the panda print as they make their debut at the con.
- We dig these fun pieces from artist Paul Friedrich, which you can find at Small Press P-15.
- You can head to Booth #4630 to catch Ice Cream Land from creator Ang Chen. They’ll have artbooks, prints, and more at the Massive Chaos booth.
- If you love author signings, then Mysterious Galaxy is where it’s at. Mysterious Galaxy will once again be at Booth #1119, where they’ll have authors every day — tickets are available when the show floor opens each day, while supples last. Here’s a look at the full signing schedule, which includes Sherrilyn Kenyon and Gini Koch. Here’s a look at the full booth schedule:
- Bootleg VHS Goods are teaming up with A Shop Called Quest for awesome Breakfast Club VHS enamel pins, which you can grab at Booth #4519.
- In other enamel pin news, Zen Monkey Studios created these SpongeBob SquarePants which will premiere at the Nickelodeon booth.
- Beeline Creative has more awesome Star Wars goodies at the convention, including these 18-piece Mini Muglets set. If you pre-order at Comic-Con, you’ll also receive a free TBA Mini Muglet — so get yourself over to Booth #2913-M in the Lucas Pavillion.
- Artist Chris Maze’s new sketchbook, Sketchy: The Best of Sketch-A-Day Volume One will be premiering at San Diego Comic-Con.
Introducing Sketchy: The Best of Sketch-A-Day Volume One. Premiering at #SDCC. Booth 2103. Dial R Studios. It collects the best of my daily sketches from my very first book. pic.twitter.com/QSKyrEhKjL
— Chris Maze (@MAZEhimself) June 29, 2019
- Move over, crochet, because quilling artist Kimi E. Crafts is coming for your Comic-Con art drops crown. The paper crafts artist showed off a brand new piece, inspired by Up, which she’ll be dropping during the convention. Follow along on Instagram to find adventure.
- If I fits, I sits. And this adorable Ash Evans enamel pin cat fits perfectly in this sparkly cup, which you can grab at Comic-Con Booth #4816.
- Head to Hero Within’s booth at Comic-Con to pick up this exclusive 80th Anniversary Batman T-Shirt, which celebrates Batman’s beginnings.
Holy Exclusive Batman! We are celebrating 8 decades of the Dark Knight with our 80th Anniversary Batman T-Shirt. This tone-on-tone design features DC Comics’ official commemorative logo from Bat’s early days of fighting crime. Supply is limited for each day at our booth.#SDCC pic.twitter.com/wUPNS0VeBE
— Hero Within (@HeroWithinInc) June 30, 2019
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.