Let’s get your Monday started with what is essentially an Artists Edition of Under the Tents, featuring a look at new work, exclusives, and art drops from the likes of Katie Cook, Lorelay Bove, Mauricio Abril, and more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- One of our favorite artists, Mauricio Abril, has created a brand new piece for Comic-Con this year, paying tribute to the mythologies of both Superman and Batman. Stop by Booth #1947 for some of the best prints on the show floor.
- Amuck, amuck, amuck! This watercolor print from Christina Rincon Kawagiwa is sure to have you under its spell, and you can pick up tiny Dani and Binx at Comic-Con.
- These Jeff Pina Star Trek chibi prints are boldly going to Small Press Q-06, so pick them up there.
- Artist Katie Cook is bringing Nothing Special Radish charms with her to Comic-Con, so you can “take your guardian vegetable with you anywhere so he can bitch about your life choices”. We’re in.
Radish charms ready to go for SDCC. Take your guardian vegetable with you anywhere so he can bitch about your life choices? pic.twitter.com/2mwzwqfFDj
— Katie Cook (@katiecandraw) July 7, 2019
- Need another guardian? We love this Lorelay Bove Wonder Woman piece, which will surely protect you and the planet. Pick her up at Booth #2643.
- Is this Kimi E. Crafts’ magnum opus? We might be a little biased — but we love this paper crafts Toucan, which will be dropped during the convention. Follow along on Instagram, and maybe he’ll be yours.
- Drake Dragon is all cozy in Giraffe Pajamas in this new Blind Squared Glass piece. He’ll be limited to just 15 pieces, so head to E-5 to make him yours.
- Be sure to check out Small Press O-12 for all kinds of goodies from The Little Red House, including 12 new card designs. Plus, every $35 purchase receives a free mystery 8″x10″ print of a discontinued piece — so you score twice.
- This Spider-Man: Far From Home sketch from Jin Yung Kim is “swinging” into Comic-Con, at Artists’ Alley C-8.
- These Stan Lee enamel pins from Vince Alvendia are going to go fast. They’re limited to just 100 pieces, and you can get yours at Artists’ Alley FF-12.
- Le Petit Elefant somehow has even more adorable awesome-ness for you, including these Filipino inspired stickers heading to San Diego Comic-Con.
- If you’ve been following along with Under the Tents this season, then you’ve definitely seen PopCult Plushies adorable crochet creatures. They’ve now announced the schedule, so be sure to follow along to make lil Stan Lee, Thanos, Wicket, and more yours.
- Artist Carla Wyzgala is all about that Black Dahlia life — and she’s showing it off with this new SDCC exclusive print. They’re limited to just 50 pieces, so head to Artists’ Alley F-16 early to score yours.
- Illustrator Pernille Ørum teased a new drawing on Instagram.
- You can pick up Dingbat’s first comic book adventure, Pulverizer, at Booth #1221.
- You can catch Esteban Manriquez at Booth # E-11, where he’ll have over 300 pieces of art for sale.