Happy Friday, friends. What a whirlwind of a week with news (LOTR in Hall H!), decorating (Marvel banners!), exclusive reveals (Funko!), party announcements (Tron!) and blockbuster announcements (BADGES ARE SHIPPING!) But as awesome as that all is, there is still a whole treasure trove of other news to share, and that is why we are here, right? Sketches, sneak peeks, original art and even a dragon, it’s all awaiting you below.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist Ethan Castillo promised us more sketches that weren’t just Spider-Man and he delivered! Ethan will have this precious Grogu sketch with him at this Artist Alley table, #AA-1.
- Riding high off his X-Men Animated Series panel announcement, Dan Veesenmeyer is tugging on our nostalgia strings with his new work in progress, his San Diego Comic-Con booth banner, inspired by 90s Toys-R-Us ads.
Working on a new convention banner for Comic-Con. Work in progress.— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) June 17, 2022
My influence…Toys-R-Us ads of the 1990s.
Of course. 😉 pic.twitter.com/0Hv3iR0G0R
- Over on Instagram, artist Ben Bishop is teasing us with a peek at a little T.M.N.T. piece. Hashtags indicates that we could see this Last Ronin art at San Diego Comic-Con.
View this post on Instagram
- The folks over at the Masked Republic have announced that they will be bringing professional Luche Libre wrestlers Psychosis and Super Astro Jr to San Diego Comic-Con. They will all be hanging out at the Headlocked Comics booth #1901.
Proud to announce that @PsicosisOficial & @jrsuperastro will be joining us this year at @Comic_Con! Stay tuned for details! As always you can find us teaming with @HeadlockedComic in booth 1901! pic.twitter.com/IkZEnpJowA— Masked Republic (@maskedrepublic) June 17, 2022
- Funko fans “across the pond” need not worry about getting the shared exclusives, the Funko Europe twitter has posted a thread full of where you can find them.
🧵 Check out where our SDCC 2022 exclusives will be heading in the U.K. & Europe from 22nd July! 👇— Funko Europe (@FunkoEurope) June 17, 2022
- Let’s get some bad news out of the way. Artist Freddie Williams II will not be attending San Diego Comic-Con this year. Hope to see you next year, Freddie!
Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend SDCC this year- I was planning to – but something super cool happened this week (that we’ll announce soon)— Freddie Williams II (@Freddieart) June 17, 2022
SDCC is an amazing show, a real shame, that I have to miss yet another year- we can’t wait to get back there!!! 🙂
- DC’s Dark Crisis event has just begun but tucked into some solicitations for September’s releases on The Beat is a little nugget that an announcement at SDCC will flip the script on everything you know.
- Once again, James Silvani is bringing the heat with a selection of originals that will be available at San Diego Comic-Con, including a very limber-looking Cad Bane, who may or may not have gunned down my precious and dear Cobb Vanth. *chokes back tears…ahem* All of James’ originals will be at this booth, #5555 and prices start at $120.
At SDCC what’s better than getting into the same elevator as Nathan Fillion? Well, nothing really. But I will have tons of new original art at booth 5555. Starting at $120. pic.twitter.com/iSUyXJyKM3— James Silvani (@SilvaniArt) June 17, 2022
- The San Diego Public Library will be the home of the programming for the Comic Conference for Educators and Librarians in 2022, but more excitingly they will once again be offering commemorative library card. In 2019 the commemorative card was available at all library branches and at the Library’s booth in the exhibit hall.
- Rob Liefeld’s San Diego Comic-Con VIP Packs are now available for preorder, which will be the only way to get these exclusives, including an X-Force: Killshot variant, a Deadpool/Venom variant, a Deadpool/Carnage variant, a Deadpool Nerdy 30 variant and a Prophet #1 variant.
- If you are one of the lucky few who snags a ticket to Funko Funday’s you’ll be able to relate to Priscilla Wilson’s predicament. Because of her exceptional luck, she will be closing down her booth a little bit early on Friday.
- All your enamel pin dreams will come true at San Diego Comic-Con thanks to the Little Shop of Pins, whose dreams of exhibiting at SDCC have finally come true. Little Shop of Pins are promising all kinds of exclusives at their booth, #4621.
View this post on Instagram
- Crochet artist Jennifer has finished her Dragon project that is set for the San Diego Comic-Con Art Show, where visitors will be able to view and purchase original art from several hundred artists. You can find more information about the Art Show on our website.
View this post on Instagram
- If you’re looking for eye candy, you’ll never do better than the trifecta of booths near #4530. Martin Hsu will be holding court near Toddland and Fat Rabbit Farms.
Oh yeah, I’ll be at booth 4530 behind @toddlandstore and across from @FATRABBITFARM as always 🤓🙋🏻♂️ Though the booth this year will be even less extravagant that pictured 😅 #SDCC #SDCC2022 pic.twitter.com/JCby0M8ROS— Martin Hsu 徐 👨🏻🎨 (@MartinHsu) June 17, 2022
- Before all the hoopla of Preview Night starts, you can catch writer Erica Schultz at local comic shop, Now or Never Comics for a signing. This date coincides with the release of Moon Knight: Black White and Blood #3 featuring a story by Erica.
- And finally today, gaze your eyes upon the glory and the exquisite beauty of Val Hochberg’s…..dog! And the art, of course the art! I was talking about the art the whole time! These little cuties will be available during SDCC and table N-12.
More WIP art pieces for #SDCC I’d love to share with you today! I like to spend a few days just doing pencils and inks! I will be coloring all of these too in the next phase! ✍️✨— Valvalchu 💖 (@kickgirl) June 17, 2022
As always, I hope you like these doodles! Thanks always to my lovely art assistant, Moxi! 🦊💖 pic.twitter.com/zclmBKBnDn
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.