Reality check – We’re just two short days away from Preview Night. If you’re not panicking right now, you must be reading all of our columns to help yourself prepare. Here’s another Under the Tents (which are actually up now) to bring you more great SDCC news from artists, exhibitors, and even the convention center.
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- It’s the calm before the storm inside the San Diego Convention Center. Just like the rest of us, they’re hard at work preparing for SDCC, hanging banners and placing signs.
— SD Convention Center (@SDConventionCtr) July 16, 2017
- Artist Chris Lee posted the complete set of Star Wars prints he’s bringing with him to SDCC. Find him and all these prints at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth #2643.
Here are all the Star Wars prints I’ll have with me at SDCC. I created two variant Millennium Falcon prints after I realized it would be neat to do a series with all of the hero’s that piloted the legendary ship 🤓 . All are an edition of 100 with the exception of the Lando/Nien Nunb piece which is an edition of 60. . All of them are printed with archival inks on cotton rag. Square prints are 6×6”, the AT-AT Attack piece is 9×12”, and the Farm Boy print is 6×10”. . Any remaining prints will be in my online store after SDCC. . . . #sdcc2017 #starwars #millenniumfalcon #reyandfinn #bb8 #hoth #lukeskywalker #tatooine
- While you’re at Gallery Nucleus’ Booth# 2643, you can also check out Disney artist Lorelay Bové’s set of postcards she’ll have available.
- If you’re wandering through Artists Alley, make sure you stop by Table #AA-15 to see Sean Forney. He’ll have this D.Va sketch with him, along with a lot more of his art.
- Camilla d’Errico posted just a taste of all the beautiful work she’s bringing with her to SDCC. Stop by Booth #4723 to see all her amazing art.
It's time for me to head out to San Diego so here's a look at some of my new goodies! 😊 I wanted to make some cute new things for what I call "my wedding con" Ha ha! These babies are going to be with me at #SanDiegoComicCon 😄 Every year #SDCC is my biggest and grandest con of the year (I've been going for 19years in a row 🏋🏻♀️). I'm telling ya this con is more intense then planning my own wedding! I hope you stop by my booth #4723 to see these goodies with my other original art I'm bringing specially for the show AND to see me!! 😘 So excited to finally head out and kick off this week of madness and nerdiest of times! Bring on that hot California weather and con fun! Woo! 😆☀❤ #seeyousoon #socal #newgoodies
- Ray and Evie Christian took to Twitter to show of the works they’re bringing to the SDCC Art Show at the Manchester Grand Hyatt this year. Their work is acrylic on wood, and you don’t need a badge to see it.
- Visit Insight Editions’ Booth #3712 to enter to win their daily SDCC giveaways. They’re giving away a special Back to the Future collectible bundle on Sunday, July 23.
— Insight Editions (@insighteditions) July 16, 2017
- Wayward Raven will have a diverse collection to offer at their Small Press Table #Q-13. They’re bringing stuff for the kids, Percy, as well as Damn Heroes Volume 2: The Next One.
- Artist Chandra Reyer announced on Twitter that she will have limited copies of Womanthology available signed by Jessica A. Hickman and Darla Ecklund at her Artists Alley Table BB-22.
— Chandra Reyer BB-22 (@ChandraReyer) July 16, 2017
- Monkey Minion Press is getting in on the gouache movement with these two new sketches they’re bringing to Booth #5531 at SDCC.
- LEGO artist Dan Veesenmeyer is bringing one more print with him to SDCC by popular demand. Looks like everything will be awesome at Artists Alley Table #EE-21.
— Dan Veesenmeyer (@dveese) July 17, 2017
- Artist Bryan Fyffe took to Instagram to post a couple of pieces he’ll have at Booth #4502 at SDCC this year.
- Visit Bill McKay’s Artists Alley Table #II-21 to find these SDCC exclusive pieces he’ll have available.