Retailers are preparing for this year’s con as evidenced by the early exclusives starting to be shown off. In this post we take a look at two sets of incredibly cool collectibles that a ton of attendees will want to get their hands on.
The first set are a pair of Tron Legacy collectibles produced by Spin Masters.
- The first item is a die-cast replica of the lightcycle that Sam Flynn (the main character and hero) rides in the movie. It only costs $5 and there are only 3000 available so expect these to sell out fast. It’s definitely a cool collectible that doesn’t cost you much.
- The other item is a static figure of Tron from the original movie. As you can see in the picture his pose is modeled after the poster of the original movie and the packaging recreates the arcade cabinet. They sell for $40 and there are only 1500 available. That might seem like a lot but this is a very cool addition to any Tron fan’s desk or shelves.
(Thanks to Collider for the heads up)
The second set of exclusives comes from Previews (part of the comics distributor Diamond) as they recently released their exclusives for this year’s con. The big catch is that you will have to go booth to booth looking for these since Previews is a distributor and not a seller, meaning don’t have a booth in the exhibit hall. Instead they recommend you ask around at your favorite booths before the con starts and try to confirm who will have them. A bit complicated, I know, but if you really want any of these then it’s a task work trying.
Here is the list of those exclusives:
- DOCTOR SOLAR MAN OF ATOM #1 EXCLUSIVE KOMARCK VARIANT COVER 2010 SDCC VERSION
Exclusive SDCC alternate cover by Michael Kormarck! Empowered by a thermonuclear catastrophe, Doctor Solar discovers that he can control energy… immeasurable strength is his at a whim. Power beyond imagining courses through his body. But he knows that the same kind of science run amok that created him can also empower the wicked. LIMITED TO 2,000 COPIES.
- STEVE ROGERS SUPER-SOLDIER #1 SKETCH VARIANT 2010 SDCC VERSION
Sketch variant cover! From multiple award-winning Captain America scribe Ed Brubaker and acclaimed artist Dale Eaglesham comes a mini-series no Cap or Avengers fan will want to miss! LIMITED TO 3,000 COPIES.
- TRUE BLOOD #1 RETAILER EXCLUSIVE 2010 SDCC EDITION
Exclusive SDCC alternate cover! Bon Temps, Louisiana has never been stranger, or more twisted, in a story co-plotted by True Blood series creator Alan Ball, with a script by David Tischman (Bite Club) and Mariah Huehner, and lush art by David Messina (Star Trek: Countdown). Bonus inside every issue: an exclusive pullout gatefold poster by David Messina! LIMITED TO 2,000 COPIES.
- SDCC 2010 WALKING DEAD #75 RETAILER EXCLUSIVE EDITION
Exclusive SDCC alternate cover! Lines are crossed, rules are broken and the peace and tranquility of the community is shattered. After months of safety and security, are Rick and the crew prepared for what they now face? This issue is not to be missed! LIMITED TO 3,000 COPIES.
- TRON BEARBRICK 2010 SDCC VERSION
A Japanese import! Medicom celebrates Comic-Con International with a true fan release. The Tron Be@rbrick harkens back to the original 1981 Tron release by Tomy. Even the blister packaging has been respectfully revised to resemble that of the original release. This is only available to fans at SDCC! LIMITED TO 1,500 PIECES.
- MARVEL MINIMATES 90S BOX SET 2010 SDCC VERSION
While the X-Men had long been a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe and Wolverine had already become a fan favorite, they were never more popular than in the early ’90s. This box set goes a long way toward completing fans’ Minimates collections of the ’90s era X-Men. Combine the debut of Jubilee with the presence of new looks for fan favorites Magneto (his purple M outfit) and Wolverine (full battle damage) and a brand new Bishop, and you’ve got a set that might just be a fan’s dream come true. LIMITED TO 2,000 PIECES.
- ALICE ULTIMATE DETAIL FIGURE CHESS PIECE 2010 SDCC VERSION
- MAD HATTER ULTIMATE DETAIL FIGURE CHESS PIECE 2010 SDCC VERSION
A Japanese import! Fans turned out in droves for the release of Disney’s Alice in Wonderland directed by Tim Burton. Now collectors have two more reasons to come to San Diego Comic-Con, as Medicom releases a pair of variants from their widely successful Alice UDF release! This “chess set” variant re-imagines Johnny Depp’s Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska’s Alice as chess pieces. LIMITED TO 1,500 PIECES EACH.
Will you be buying any of these?