WonderCon is quickly approaching, and now that badges have become available, news on gaming during the convention, Artist Alley and booth placements, and even panels are starting to emerge. We recently learned that Marvel will be skipping this year’s WonderCon Anaheim convention, but there’s still plenty to both see and do around the con.
Here’s some news you might have missed:
- Fans of gaming will have more choices than ever at this year’s WonderCon. CCI has announced some information on Nighttime Games for 2014, where gamers can sign up for time slots throughout the afternoon to play any of more than 20 different games. Sanctioned tournaments for Heroclix, Kaijudo, Magic, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! will have small materials fees, while all other games (including Bakugan, Fluxx, Settlers of Catan, and many more) remain free.
- Ken Choy has confirmed on Twitter that the ABC Development team will have their panel at this year’s WonderCon on Friday, April 18th, and it will be a “pitching panel for YOU”.
@abctalentdev returns to @wondercon 4/18 with pitching panel for YOU
— Ken Choy (@kenchoy) February 20, 2014
- The podcast Comics on Comics announced on Twitter that they will be hosting a live show and panel at WonderCon on Friday from 7:30PM-9PM in Room 203.
Never to early to plan your @WonderCon Come see us LIVE, The panel is Saturday 7:30pm-9pm room 203. Guests to be announced soon.
— Juan-Manuel Rocha (@comicsoncomics) February 21, 2014
- Artist Hippie Rose announced on Facebook that she will be at WonderCon at the Forbidden Panel booth selling prints and “some new awesome ear wear”.
- Also appearing at WonderCon, according to Chrissy Lynn Cosplay on Twitter, will be a Cosplay Make-Up 101 Panel, hosted by The Mad Masker and Make Up By Siryn.
And we've just been approved for our Cosplay Make-up 101 Panel for WonderCon.With these fabulous ladies, The Mad Masker, Make Up By Siryn
— Chrissy Lynn Cosplay (@CatwomanCosplay) February 20, 2014
- Chubby Whale Comics announced via Twitter that they will be in the Artist Alley for WonderCon, at Booth 210.
Confirmation for Artist Alley @ WonderCon! #SDCC #WC2014 @coastalcolors #ChubbyWhaleComics Plan on visiting my table 🙂
— Grace (@Graceonpointe) February 25, 2014
- Comic-Con International has announced the Comics Arts Conference schedule for WonderCon. Room numbers will be announced at a later date, but the schedule includes times and dates for panels like the Spotlight on Gail Simone, Comics and Transnationality, and more. View the full schedule on the Toucan Blog.
- NutMeg Comic announced on Twitter that it will be at WonderCon this April, at Booth AA-259. They also posted a partial glimpse at the Exhibitor Guide.
Yeah! Officially listed in the 2014 @WonderCon Anaheim Exhibitor Guide. April 18th can't arrive soon enough (AA-259) pic.twitter.com/hM2dFV2lrd
— Nutmeg Comic (@NutmegComic) February 27, 2014
- Artist Sean Dietrich announced on Twitter that he will be at WonderCon’s Artist Alley in Booth AA43.
Got my Wondercon confirmation:) Artist Alley booth AA43 – see you there! #comics #wondercon #art http://t.co/hNIrojI4WB
— seandietrich (@seandietrich) February 27, 2014
- Art By Tobias will also be at WonderCon, Tobias Gebhardt announced on Instagram, at Booth AA-227, where he’ll be selling “lots of prints” and taking commissions.
- Barbara Malley, a cartoonist and character designer/illustrator, will also be at WonderCon’s Artist Alley. She announced via Twitter that you can find her at Booth AA-245.
#Wondercon here I come! Find me at–>Artist's Alley AA-245
— BARBARA (@BarbaraMalley) February 25, 2014
- Also attending WonderCon’s Artist Alley is Pepe Melan, who announced on Twitter that he’ll be at Booth AA-123 next to artist Zombie Tramp.
I'll be at WonderCon in the Artist Alley at table AA-123 sit by my buddy zombie_tramp who is at table… http://t.co/aaeZYOAkiX
— Pepe Melan (@pepemelan) February 25, 2014
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments.