WonderCon creeps ever closer. Everyday more information and news surfaces on all the fun things that WonderCon will have in store. This week we have information on the return of the Comic Creator Connection, a CW series appearance, news that will make fans of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine happy, and more artist and writer confirmations.
Oh yeah, and Marvel will be there, too.
Here’s what you may have missed:
- The Ninjabot, home of nerdy, geeky prints have announced via Facebook their con schedule for the next 7 months. Not only will they be attending the San Diego Comic-Con, but they will also be attending it’s sister con, WonderCon. You will be able to find them at Booth #SP36.
- Although we revealed in an earlier WonderPost that Museum of Robots would be attending WonderCon, another recent tweet reveals their booth location. You will be able to find them at Booth #1209.
— Museum of Robots (@MuseumofRobots) February 28, 2014
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine‘s Chase Masterson will be attending WonderCon, according to a tweet from the website Star Trek Actor Appearances.
— SciFiActorApps (@SciFiActorApps) March 3, 2014
- CCI announced on the Toucan Blog that the Comic Creator Connection will be returning to this year’s WonderCon. On Friday and Saturday, from 5PM to 7PM, “writers and artists can sit down and meet each other in a neutral environment” to talk one-on-one about ideas, suggestions, and your work.
- Thrillbent, a digital comics platform, will not only be at WonderCon, but co-creator John Rogers revealed to Comic Book Resources they have a “big announcement” to make regarding digital distribution.
- Artist and writer RNA Brandtm announced on Twitter that he will be attending WonderCon with “new prints, comics”, and maybe even a preview of his new comic.
— RNA Brand Ent. (@rnabrand) March 6, 2014
- The new CW series Star-Crossed will be at WonderCon “in full force” on Friday, April 18. The creator of the series, Meredith Averill, announced on Twitter that the cast of the show will be in attendance, though she didn’t state which cast members.
The cast of #StarCrossed will be out in full force at WonderCon in Anaheim on Friday April 18th! Get your tickets now and SEE YOU THERE!
— Meredith Averill (@mereschmere) March 6, 2014
- Writer hannibaltabu announced on Twitter that he will be on the Antidote Trust panel at WonderCon on Friday, April 18, from 6:30-7:30PM.
— The Comic-Con Don ironically may not be at SDCC (@hannibaltabu) March 6, 2014
- Lastly, we had previously reported via Marvel’s Agent M, Ryan Penagos, that the company would again be passing on a WonderCon presence this year. In a surprise change, David Glanzer, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for CCI, dropped by today’s installment of Nerdist News to deliver news that Marvel would indeed be at WonderCon. Check out the video below, at the one minute thirty-five second mark:
No other details about Marvel’s presence were made available, but we’ll update you as soon as we receive more information.
Is there something we missed? Let us know in the comments.