Warner Bros. TV has announced its lineup of panels for this year’s NYCC with showings from five shows. The line up includes fan-favorites The Following and Person Of Interest as well as anticipated newcomers Constantine, Gotham and Forever.
The Following will be making its third trip back to the Big Apple with stars Kevin Bacon and Shawn Ashmore, as well as executive producer Marcos Siega. Recently renewed for a third season, The Following will return to Fox at some point midseason.
Person of Interest will be represented by cast members Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker, and Kevin Chaman as well as executive producer Greg Plageman. This is Person of Interest’s fourth year at NYCC.
Both Gotham and Constantine had strong showings this year at SDCC, with panels and off-site events that included a premiere screening from Constantine and a zip-line adventure from Gotham.
Representing Constantine will be stars Matt Ryan and Angelica Celaya, as well as executive producer David S. Goyer. Gotham will be bringing along stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards. Both shows are set to air this fall.
Forever, which is set to premiere across two nights (September 22 and 23) on ABC, had no showing at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con making NYCC its convention debut. The story of an immortal medical examiner with a deeply personal interest in studying death, Forever is set to be a drama with supernatural influences. It will bring stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Graza as well as executive producer Matt Miller to the presentation and Q&A this year.
In addition to panels, WB is taking over the Main Stage on Thursday, October 9, to bring back-to-back premiere episodes of Constantine and the second season of The 100, which has no panel scheduled this year.
From their press release, here is the full schedule:
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION SCREENINGS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9 • MAIN STAGE • 8:30 p.m.
- John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Following the aftermath of a tragic incident, Constantine has voluntarily checked himself into an asylum and sworn off investigating matters of the supernatural. But with dark forces gathering power in the world, he reluctantly resumes his old life — allying himself with Manny, a rogue warrior angel; Zed, a psychic with a dark past; and Chas, Constantine’s giant childhood protector — and only friend who’s managed to stay alive Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. The series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angélica Celaya (Dallas), Charles Halford (True Detective) and Harold Perrineau (Lost) and and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter), David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight trilogy) and Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television,Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC, premiering October 24th.
- Season one of The 100 saw the human race return, after a 97-year exile in space, to a wildly transformed Earth…only to discover that the human race had never truly left. Clarke found herself forced to lead a band of disposable juvenile delinquents as they faced death at every turn: from a world transformed by radiation, from the fierce Grounders who somehow managed to survive in it, and, perhaps worst of all, from themselves. Meanwhile, as The 100 fought for their lives on the ground, The Ark’s situation was no better. Both on the ground and in space, the final episodes revealed the true desperation of their plight, as our heroes risked everything just to stay alive. Noble sacrifices and heartbreaking choices changed everyone forever, and left them scattered to the wind at season’s end. The epic second season picks up with the group still scattered and desperate to be reunited. As members of The 100 and new arrivals from the Ark stake out their place in a dangerous and beautiful new world, they are confronted with the physical peril and moral dilemmas that come with reforging society. What kind of life will they build? And what will it cost them? This season’s quest will challenge them more than anything that’s come before. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Heroes will be born. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The 100 returns Wednesday, October 22 at 9/8c on The CW.
WBTV PANEL SESSIONS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11
- 7:00–9:00 PM (Empire Stage) Constantine John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angelica Celaya (Dallas) and executive producer David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC this fall, premiering October 24th. Become a fan on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/Constantine and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCConstantine.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12
- 11:00–12:00 PM (Empire Stage) The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to New York Comic-Con for its third year in a row. Join executive producer Marcos Siega along with series stars Kevin Bacon and Shawn Ashmore for an onstage Q&A and special video presentation. With Joe Carroll once again behind bars, Lily Gray shot in cold blood by Mike Weston, and Luke dead at the hands of Max Hardy, Ryan Hardy’s conviction to forge a new life will be put to the test in the psychologically intense third season, when a new threat emerges from the shadows, proving to be even more insidious and dangerous than his former archenemy, Joe Carroll. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Outerbanks Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The Following’s third season premieres midseason on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/TheFollowing and follow the show on Twitter at @TheFollowingFOX.
- 1:15–2:15 PM (Main Stage) Gotham (series premiere Monday, September 22 8/7c on FOX): Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. The origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, Gotham will follow Det. James Gordon’s rise through the Gotham City police department. Everyone knows the name. But what is known of Gordon’s rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? Discover the never-before-told story of how Gordon navigated the layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains — the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker. Join series stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards, along with executive producers for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFox, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
- 3:15–4:15 PM (Empire Stage) Forever (two night premiere event, Monday, September 22 10/9c and Tuesday, September 23 10/9c on ABC): What would you do if you had all the time in the world? This new otherworldly drama follows Dr. Henry Morgan, a star New York City medical examiner, on his journey to answer that looming question. Henry, who hasn’t aged since the clock stopped 200 years ago, has a bit of a vested interest in studying the dead: He is immortal, and only his best friend and confidant, Abe knows Henry’s secret. Join series stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Garza, along with executive producer Matt Miller for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures, Forever airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ForeverOnABC and follow the show on Twitter at @ForeverABC
- 4:30–5:30 PM (Empire Stage) Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c on CBS): The smash hit returns to New York for the fourth year! Join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, along with executive producer Greg Plageman for a special video presentation and Q&A – as the science “fiction” stays one step ahead of real-world events. The second machine – Samaritan – now online, has made the elusive team targets themselves, having to hide in plain sight. The only thing more frightening than the ruthless Decima organization calling the shots, is leaving those decisions up to an untested Machine. Facing a dangerous tomorrow, the POI team must find a way to outsmart Samaritan, an all-seeing, all-powerful artificial intelligence that’s self-governing, continually evolving and growing stronger every day. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Person of Interest airs Tuesdays, 10/9c on CBS. Become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PersonofInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter at @PersonInterest
Are you excited about WB’s offerings for New York Comic Con? Let us know in the comments.