We thought that everybody could use a little break from talking/reading/arguing about Game of Thrones, and we’re here to give you one. We have in-progress peeks at exclusive prints, a nice husky Thor original from Patrick Ballesteros, a Studio Ghibli plushie that could be yours and much more.
Now let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- “If you want to be a true fighter… go and train.” Storm Collectibles has announced they will be offering four Ultra Street Fighter II action figures first to market at San Diego Comic-Con. You’ll have your choice of the previously announced Sagat, as well as Ryu, Guile and Ken. These deluxe figures will be sold separately and come with multiple head and hand sculpts, effect pieces and stands and for Guile, his trusty comb.
- Character designer Steven Gordon teased a possible mash-up print featuring characters from X-Men and Central Perk from the show Friends. My favorite part? Rogue has her feet up on the sofa….classic Chandler move.
- Author Cynthia Diamond is once again hosting a “Seek and Swag” event on Friday, July 20. She’ll post a location and those who find her will walk away with a free book. Follow along with the fun on her Facebook event page.
- Our pal Ninjabot announced on Twitter that he has has officially closed his SDCC commission list. If you were one of the lucky few that made it onto his list, congratulations, we’re not jealous. At. All. *sobs*
- Artist Jessica Chrysler teased this beautiful Sandman sketch cover that will be available at Comic-Con. The final piece will be done with watercolor pencils. Dreamy.
- PopCult Plushies made all the Studio Ghibli fans swoon when they revealed their delightful Totoro piece. This is one of their many crocheted pieces that they will be giving away at SDCC. Don’t forget to give them a follow so you can find out where and when to search for these cuties.
- This epic battle is brought to you by Sean Forney, who has been hard at work on this SDCC exclusive print of the Scarlet Huntress vs Cryptids.
- If you joined us last week on our SDConCast, you might have seen Patrick Ballesteros show off a few of the 100 (!) mini-originals he will have at San Diego Comic-Con. Well, here is another to wet your whistle. We don’t know how he does it but we’re glad he does.
- And speaking of Patrick….don’t forget that on Friday, May 24 at 9AM PST you’ll be able to order his Game of Thrones cross-section prints. This is a one day only sale, and the only time they will be offered outside of SDCC. Set an alarm, maybe two alarms.
- Illustrator Kata Kane was very proud to announce that their cover of Dragons by the Yard #4 from Kymera Press will debut at San Diego Comic Con. Those baby dragons look pretty mischievous!
- We were surprised last summer when Warner Bros. TV — which has long brought along every single one of their even-slightly-genre series, opted not to bring any of their midseason offerings. Unfortunately, creator of Roswell, New Mexico, suggested that this is going to be an ongoing policy. What does it mean? Well, as we explained in today’s Broadcast TV Shows of SDCC 2019 (our annual breakdown of which broadcast series might be at the con), it means you’re probably not getting, Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, Roswell, New Mexico, or some of your other favorite series. Womp womp.
- And lastly, the man behind the Chewbacca mask, Joonas Suotamo, added a little fuel to the San Diego Comic-Con rumor fire when he recently replied to one of our tweets claiming to be “Wild ride ready” for the impending con season. That’s not a confirmation that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be be there, but it does give us “a new hope”. Is that the sound of Storm Troopers in the distance?