Hopefully everyone’s blood pressure has returned to normal after Wednesday’s news about Warner Bros skipping Hall H. Are you ready for some fun news? There are still tons of reasons why SDCC 2019 is going to smash it and be amazing and we’ve got a bunch of news tidbits to prove it. Commissions! Exclusive art! Plush! And so much more.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed (through your Warner Bros. tears):
- Artist Steve Bryant is taking commissions and his prices for 9″x12″ single character pieces are only $50. If your heart can dream it, Steve can most likely draw it.
My #SDCC commission list is open:
9×12 1-character, ink $50
11×17 1-character, ink $100
11×17 2-character, ink $150
11×17 3-character, ink $200
11×17 montage, ink $250
11×17 cover recreation, ink, inquire
Email SteveBryantArt at gmail to order yours! pic.twitter.com/EMrSvTNIlC
— Steve Bryant writes and draws comics (@SteveBryantArt) June 3, 2019
- Paul Shipper has released more information about the panel he’s putting together, titled Masters of the Illustrated Film Poster, which will be presented in conjunction with the International Animated Film Society.
Announcing a Monumental Illustration Panel Event Celebrating 50 Years of Entertainment Art! @comic_con #SDCC2019 in association with @asifahollywood and @paulshipperart
‘Masters of the Illustrated Film Poster’
Panel Guests will be announced soon!! Stay tuned!! pic.twitter.com/SbLEdImHYr
— Art by Paul Shipper 🎨 (@paulshipper) June 3, 2019
- Another panel to put on your schedule is Science Fact: How Science Fiction Has and Will Shape Our Future by Jenny Rankin, PhD.
- Fans of Cuban American cartoonist Jarod Rosello will find him tabling with Top Shelf Comics during SDCC, where he will be debuting his book Red Panda and Moon Bear.
Okay, my flight is booked! I'm heading to my first ever San Diego Comic-Con this summer. I'll be hanging out at the Top Shelf booth to release RED PANDA & MOON BEAR, only days before it hits bookstores and comic shops!
— Jarod Roselló (@jarodrosello) June 3, 2019
- Artist Keith Hall has started some work on a selection of sketch cards that he’ll be offering at Comic-Con. Leave him a comment telling him which character you’d like to see on a card.
- Ten commission spots are open for artist Faith, who also offers a washi tape add on for a small fee.
In case anyone wanted their own #rymesona or send someone a gift, I have 10 open slots for commissions.
$30 each with a washi tape add-on for +$5 (shipping excluded) Venmo preferred but if you’re going to Ronin Expo, AX or SDCC, we can pay in person and exclude shipping cost pic.twitter.com/pV7FU0l9hW
— Queer F.Orc 👹 ➡️ Stitching up a Storm (@pitangawang) June 3, 2019
- Diana Harlan Stein will be taking commissions during the show, to be finished overnight. You can find them at booth #4821.
Diana Harlan Stein, 4821, will be taking commissions during the convention, most completed overnight. Specializing in fantasy, D&D themes, furries.
— David M Stein – Most Wonderful Time (@drzarron) June 4, 2019
- Looks like there will be a Lady Death / Shi face off at SDCC this year. Billy Tucci shared some sketches of some crossover covers that will be available at the show.
Okay, let's do this! #coverroughs for secret @thecoffincomics/@CrusadeComics #LadyDeath #Shicomics crossover covers #SDCC special editions. @TheBrianPulido #comics @CrowdFundComix #sdcc19 pic.twitter.com/aEnu9U8COa
— Billy "Let's Go Islanders!" Tucci (@BillyTucci) June 4, 2019
- Bibliophiles make note: the Great SherlockeDCC Scavenger Hunt has a prize you will want to win, a 1892 1st Edition of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. You can check out all their prize tiers on their website.
Tickets for The Great #SherlockeDCC Scavenger Hunt will go on sale this Saturday, June 8th at 12PM EST.
Prize tiers are now up at https://t.co/GBbpbSfIYS
But here's a feature of a top prize: an 1892 1st Edition of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. 😱 #SDCC #SDCC19 #Sherlock pic.twitter.com/444EdrXHvx
— Baker Street Babes (@BakerStBabes) June 4, 2019
- Terry Moore continues to sketch in the hardcovers he’ll be selling at San Diego Comic-Con. These Rachel Rising hardcovers are in silver on black paper.
- We have bad news for Ralph Garman fans. Ralph will not be attending SDCC this year.
Sadly, I won't be at SDCC this year, but best of luck! https://t.co/JKu0EoyCDr
— ralphgarman (@RalphGarman) June 5, 2019
- Back in the world of commissions, artist Jeannette Brown is offering ridiculously affordable Copic marker pieces. Contact her on Twitter or via e-mail to secure your spot.
I am! 😊 pic.twitter.com/JClrtlkm7z
— Artist Jennette Brown 🎨 (@sugarpoultry) June 4, 2019
- Artist Erik Arreaga is also accepting commission requests. This will be his 22nd year exhibiting at San Diego Comic Con.
My sdcc Commission list is open! This will be my 22nd year Exhibiting! https://t.co/pJcXZMvSzW
— Erik Arreaga Art (@erik_arreaga) June 4, 2019
- Hanging Chad Entertainment has really gone whole hog this year….or, actually whole MOOSE, for their title, Adventures of Mighty Moose. Check out these handmade plush of the title character that will be available at their small press table, L-09.
We will have Mighty Moose action plushes available in Small Press at table L-09! Be sure to check out these handmade toys by creator J Lynn Warner! #SDCC #sdcc19 #ComicCon #smallpress #indiecomics #creatorowned #superhero #crimenoir #anthropomorphic pic.twitter.com/Ugl6bqzT6p
— J. Lynn Warner (@josh_L_warner) June 4, 2019
- Is it a movie / transportation mash up? Social commentary about street scooters? We’ll let you decide what Alex Pardee’s new pin is about, but don’t forget to pick on up at Comic-Con.
“HELLRAZOR”. My theme for this year’s Comic Con releases is “DUMB”. What other dumb stuff do you want me to bring to #SDCC? pic.twitter.com/Z0CFz7BUQ0
— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) June 4, 2019
- Paradox Bound author Peter Clines could not resist teasing his Twitter followers about some good news that he hopes to share at SDCC. Squeal away, Peter.
I hate to be one of those people but I just got news about a thing and I've been kinda squealing for ten minutes now and maybe I'll get to tell some of you at SDCC or something…
— Peter Clines (@PeterClines) June 5, 2019
- And lastly, artist Camilla d’Errico showed a work in progress for San Diego Comic-Con, featuring a delightful rendition of Stan Lee surrounded by bumbling heroes. Absolutely precious.
Excelsior! Can you all guess what I’m drawing? 😙 Here’s a sneak peek of an SDCC exclusive for #wipwednesday for ya! I’m making a new print image that’s gonna be an exclusive for #SDCC @comic_con 😊 I wanted to celebrate my favourite creator of all time, his life made me realize pic.twitter.com/biUihefYib
— helmetgirl (@Helmetgirl) June 5, 2019
Anything we missed? Anyone you’re really excited about seeing this year? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.