What are you going to do next? If you’re anything like us, start researching what’s going to be at the convention. And we’re here to help with another addition of Under the Tents, that includes updates on Geek & Sundry, The Spirit, ElfQuest, Moebius Models, and much more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- According to Action Figure Insider, indie toy company Warpo has created a retro 12″ Cthulhu figure, that has poseable wings, nine points of articulation, and hands that can grip Warpo’s other 3.75″ sized action figures. The figure will sell for $99.99, and is “expected to first be for sale at San Diego Comic-Con, and then subsequently comic, toy, and hobb shops nationwide”. From Action Figure Insider, here’s a look at the figure:
- Dynamite Entertainment recently announced in a press release that they’ll be launching all-new adventures of The Spirit in July,set to premiere at San Diego Comic-Con. The new series will be written by Matt Wagner, with the #1 launch issue featuring cover artwork from illustrators Alex Ross, Eric Powell, and Wagner.
- We know that our readers are fans of Geek & Sundry – and the company revealed on Twitter that they “plan to be there” at Comic-Con again this year, though that’s all they “know for now”. They promise more updates as soon as they know more, and we hope those plans include another offsite.
— Geek & Sundry (@GeekandSundry) February 19, 2015
- Dark Horse’s ElfQuest – The Final Quest Volume 1 will hit store shelves on April 1 – but fans will also be able to grab a limited, hardcover exclusive at Comic-Con. There’s a bit more information on Elfquest’s Facebook page.
- Pin-up Artist, illustrator, and cosplayer – Leen Isabel – revealed that she’ll be in Small Press table P-11 at this year’s convention. Assuming the map she released is also from this year, she also confirmed BOOM! Studios, Sideshow Collectibles, DC Comics, Marvel, and others will be back at the convention. To the surprise of literally no one.
— Leen Isabel (@leenisabel) February 20, 2015
- Our friends at Moebius Models will also be back this year, with a booth. We can’t wait to see what exclusives they have in store, if last year’s offerings are anything to go by.
Glad I don't have to sweat out #sdcc badges anymore. Miss out this year? Dm me as we may need a volunteer for the booth.
— Moebius Models (@moebiusmodels) February 21, 2015
- Illustrator Agnes Garbowska, best known for her work on My Little Pony for IDW, Victories for Dark Horse, and Li’l Vampi for Dynamite Entertainment, revealed her upcoming convention schedule on Facebook, which includes San Diego Comic-Con.
- Garbowska won’t be the only Brony illustrator at Comic-Con, though. IDW artist Thom Zahler also revealed his convention schedule for this year includes SDCC 2015.
- According to Action Figure Insider, Captain Action Enterprises is planning a Dr. Evil Collector’s Footlocker for an SDCC debut.
- Artist Dennis Calero announced via Twitter that he will once again be drawing this year’s Vikings SDCC giveaway comic – marking the second time Calero will have drawn the comic for the popular series. Although Vikings is not yet confirmed for Comic-Con, this strongly implies that they’ll be there in some way, as the comic has previously been given away at both the offsite and during the panel.
Will be drawing the Vikings Sdcc giveaway comic again this year
— Calero. Dennis Calero. (@DennisCalero) February 25, 2015