WonderCon is quickly approaching, and now that badges have become available, news on gaming during the convention, Artist Alley and booth placements, convention exclusives, and even panels are starting to emerge.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Fans of gaming will have more choices than ever at this year’s WonderCon, with more than 60 different game titles available to play during the convention. CCI recently released information on this year’s offerings, which include free-to-play games like Cards Against Humanity, Defiance Monopoly, Dungeons and Dragons, My Little Pony Rock n’ Rave, Settlers of Catan, Pokemon XY, and many more. As in years past, there will also be gaming tournaments, and you can sign up for Sanctioned Tournaments for Heroclix Figure Gaming, Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! for a small materials fee. Find more information on CCI’s site.
- Artist Nikki Abrego showed off several of the pieces she’s been working on on tumblr for her Artist Alley booth at WonderCon.
- Humalong Productions, known for their original and fan art, revealed on Instagram that they will be at Booth #871 at this year’s convention.
- The Star Trek fan group U.S.S. Navras can be found at Fan Table F-03 at this year’s event, the group announced on Facebook. Also joining them will be a Jericho group, LASFS-Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society, Los Angeles Dumbledore’s Army, Order of Gallifrey, and more.
- Storyboard artist and illustrator Katya Bowser will have a booth in Artist Alley, B-49, she announced via Twitter.
Got my wondercon table placement! Artist alley B-49 right next to the lovely @gabbyzapata I'm getting nervous now. I'm not ready!
— Katya Rosario-Bowser (@katyabowserart) February 11, 2015
- The Ninjabot, the makers of some very cool, “geeky, nerdy, artsy prints”, will be back at WonderCon this year. Take a look at some of their work on their site, and get excited.
— Arnel Baluyot (@theninjabot) February 11, 2015
- Where can you find the Caped Wonder, the site that’s putting together the Superman reunion we keep telling you about? At Table M17 through M24, according to their Facebook.
- Artist Gabby Zapata can also be found in Artist Alley, at Booth B-50.
Woohoo~! @K_Bowser_Wowzer are I are neighbors for @WonderCon ! I have AA B-50 and her B-49!
— Gabby Zapata (@gabbyzapata) February 11, 2015
- In addition to the other Frozen and Marvel and DC prints we showed you, she also unveiled some more Marvel and DC ladies that she’ll be selling prints of, with “more still to come”:
— Gabby Zapata (@gabbyzapata) February 9, 2015
- Webcomic artist Nilah Magruder announced on Twitter that she’ll be at Table SP-058 at WonderCon this year, along with fellow artist Paige Halsey Warren.
- Comic artists Jessie Greenberg and Matt Doering are sharing Booth SP-047, Doering revealed via Twitter.
— Matt Doering (@mattdoering) February 11, 2015
- Rick Remender unveiled a convention exclusive cover of the comic LOW by artist Greg Tocchini, that will be available at ECCC and WonderCon.
- Artist Dave Wagner announced on Twitter that he will be exhibiting during this year’s convention.
— Dave (@dotproblems) February 13, 2015
- Cheez Hayama, a comic artist, also announced that they will be at WonderCon.
Got a table at @WonderCon = much excite.
— ila nguyen-hayama (@inguyenhayama) February 12, 2015
- Animator Andrew Dickman will also be exhibiting at WonderCon.
- Writer, producer, and director Farrin Rosenthal hinted on Twitter that fans of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World will want to stop by his booth #1208 during WonderCon. Rosenthal recently showed off some “Jurassic World Scanband Wristband Prop Replicas” that he’s selling, so we’d expect something similar at the convention.
— Farrin Rosenthal (@iH8MondaysMovie) February 12, 2015
— Farrin Rosenthal (@iH8MondaysMovie) February 13, 2015