We’ve reached our home stretch – it’s Comic-Con month! With SDCC so close, we’re being flooded with all kinds of great news from Toddland, Berkely Breathed’s Bloom County, Camilla d’Errico, Alex Ross, and so much more. And of course, we have crochet!
Here’s a look at what you might have missed:
- Our good friends at Toddland are going to have a lot to offer at Booth #4429 this year (it’s twice the size of their booth last year for a reason, trust us). Find Pickle Bob among their awesomeness and free swag.
- If you grew up in the 1980s or 1990s, you grew up with Berkeley Breathed’s Bloom County and Outland comic strips. Over the last few years, he’s resurrected his beloved characters, such as Opus the Penguin, Bill the Cat, Steve Dallas, Milo, and Binkley. Breathed is returning to SDCC this year with new Bloom County collections as well as reprints of his older work. Stay tuned for details on his signing times and locations.
- Canadian artist Camilla d’Errico is celebrating Canada Day by finishing her Sea Bunny to add to her “Surreal Safari” SDCC series. The entire series (as well as d’Errico) will be at Booth #4723 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Another artist prepping for SDCC is Sho Murase, who showed off her Harley Quinn piece she’ll have at Table #GG-24 in Artists Alley.
- DC artist Alex Ross posted this Justice League print he’ll have along with a lot more of his work at Booth #2415.
- Back by popular demand, Magical Shower Curtains are reissuing their Halloween Costume Pajama Shirts that were a hit in 2010. You can order them by email and get on their VIP List. Look for their booth announcement coming soon.
- There has been an awakening, and you’re going to feel it when you stop by Ninjabot’s Small Press Booth #L-08. His Star Wars Stamp Collection may not send a postcard, but they will help bring balance to the Force in your home.
- Trooper. Storm Trooper. While we’re pretty sure James Bond was more accurate with his Walther PPK, this 007 Stormtrooper canvas from Daniel Jaimes certainly gives the Imperial Foot Soldier an element of class.
- Furry Feline Creatives is anxious to debut their new Koi dress at Booth #5149. Don’t be coy about rushing to buy one.
- Munky King toys invades your headspace with their latest pieces from Head Space – The White Set. Look for these at Booth #4851.
- This year’s SDCC seems to have two common themes: crochet and mini-prints. Liana Hee will have this beautiful mini-print at Booth #4715 along with a lot more of her work.
- Artist Scott Blair is packing up mini-prints of his own. Look for these SDCC exclusives at Table #FF-18 in Artists Alley.
- Artist Axel Ortiz is putting the finishing touches on his sketchbook he’ll debut at SDCC 2017. Find it at Massive Chaos’s Booth #4630.
- Hawaii’s supernatural comic The Hexing showed off the cover for Issue #1 set to debut at Comickaze – Liberty Station’s art show during SDCC.
- Artist Jason Edmiston made his own tribute to the 35th anniversary of The Thing with this 36×24 screen print he’ll have at his Booth #4617.
- Freelance artist Ed Jiménez has been juggling a lot of projects lately, but he’s finally able to show off his rendering of Saccadius Cartwright he made for Yomi Ayeni. This will be released at SDCC, but we’ll have to stay tuned for more specific details.
- Artist Cristhian Hova is packing his latest works to get ready for SDCC. We’ll have to keep an eye on where to find his art deco-inspired work.
- Nan Hockin will have her own set of lovely mini-prints at her Table #F-11 at SDCC.
- If you’re wondering what’s going to be at Zorilita – Mary Bellamy’s Small Press Table #N-04, this is probably the best, most adorable way for them to let everyone know.
- Artist David Colman showed off the second of his adorable critters he’ll debut at his Booth #1134 at SDCC. You can find his first critter in our UTT, and we’ll keep an eye out for #3.
- Monster City Studios gave us a couple of teases of the life-size Harley Quinn statue they’re working on for DC’s SDCC Booth #1915. Mr. J would make it a centerpiece of any lair, we’re sure.
- Prolific artist Bill Sienkiewicz will have his work all over SDCC this year. Find his “American Pimp” and “Moon Knight” works at his own Booth #1714.
- Remember when we said SDCC was all about mini-prints and crochet? Well, we talked about mini-prints, so here’s some crochet. Ami of Yarnia showed off a Spider Gwen critter she’s sending to The Geeky Hooker to add to her critter drops.
- Carmen Ruder is getting in on the critter drop fun. Here is her crocheted Baymax critter she’ll be dropping somewhere around SDCC.
- Artist Bill Robinson posted a look at his Dia de los Muertos print he’s debuting at Flimflammery’s Booth #4615.
- Wayward Raven’s Joshua Lee Andrew Jones shared an image of his latest comic, The Committee, set to debut at SDCC this year. Find it at their Small Press Table Q-13.
- Artist Agnes Garbowska posted this look at her adorable Harley Quinn piece she’ll have at her Artists Alley Table #GG-17.