Yesterday truly kicked off San Diego Comic-Con season, with the first really big panel news of the year (as far as what’s coming, that is — which is, apparently, Game of Thrones). But that’s not all the news of lat,e as we’ve got updated on adorable plush, ComiXology signings, the deadliest KitKat bars you’ve ever seen, and more.
Here’s a look at the news you might have missed:
- Artist Andrew Bell showed off this year’s KillKat vinyl exclusive, “Purple Drank”. You’ll be able to get it at Dead Zebra Booth #1335.
- Comic artist Lee Bermejo will be doing CGC signings through Scott’s Collectables at San Diego Comic-Con. While this won’t be a public signing, you can drop your books off at their booth to have them signed.
- Ash Evans, creator of adorable things, revealed some new plush she’s bringing to the convention. These plush unicorns are limited to 190 pieces, and will retail for $20 each.
- Author Charles Soule has been busy prepping for SDCC, and even working on “something cool” for Comic-Con with Scott Snyder. Color us intrigued.
Working very hard today on what’ll be your first glimpse at the project I’ve been working on with @Ssnyder1835. Something cool planned for SDCC.
— Charles Soule (@CharlesSoule) June 10, 2019
- Genesis 2 Comics has more behind-the-scenes looks at their amazing booth setup at Booth #835.
- Our good friends at Super7 always make some of the coolest things on the show floor, and this year they’re returning for their 16th consecutive year. Can they top last year’s Masters of the Universe Laughing Prince Adam? Time will tell.
YES, Super7 will be returning to San Diego and our booth at @Comic_Con for the 16th (!) consecutive year! Crazy! Stay tuned as we begin the annual ritual of revealing all of the amazing F-U-N we have planned this year! #sdcc #super7 pic.twitter.com/MXHNON5oYv
— Super7 (@super7store) June 10, 2019
- Author and cartoonist C. Spike Trotman is heading to San Diego Comic-Con, where she’ll have panels, signings at the ComiXology booth, and more.
The official panel schedule is still being sorted, but it looks like I'll have one every day of the show, not including @comiXology booth signings, so if you wanna see me? I'll be easy to find. ( o_o)-b
— Iron Spike (@Iron_Spike) June 10, 2019
- Speaking of signings at ComiXology, writer Jim Zub is also heading back to SDCC after a few years away for signings at ComiXology, and signings/panels with a whole slew of other amazing companies.
I haven't been to SDCC in three years, so it's great to be heading back.
Beyond promoting Stone Star at comiXology, I don't have an HQ for the week/weekend, so I'm looking forward to exploring and socializing!
— Jim Zub (@JimZub) June 10, 2019
- Artist Fabio Napoleoni always has something fun going on with the Chuck Jones Gallery for SDCC, and 2019 is no different. He showed off a Scooby and Shaggy piece which looks to be set for a special Chuck Jones show — hopefully more info to share soon.
- Illustrator Kory Bing is taking us back to our childhood, with new buttons which will be available at Comic-Con from a special vending machine at her booth. Who has an extra quarter?
Look what came in the mail today! These will be available only at SDCC from a special vending machine! You might even win a book or free pin from it! pic.twitter.com/rwvmCFKwIB
— Kory Bing TCAF 111 (@korybing) June 10, 2019
- Artist Alex Pardee has a “witchy friend” tagging along to SDCC this year. Expect his booth to be lit.
Dusting off our old witchy friend, Sandy Ago, and prepping her for swamp-hag surgery. San Diego Comic Con, we’ll see soon. #SDCC pic.twitter.com/T88ATKru0m
— Alex Pardee (@alexpardee) June 10, 2019
- Comic illustrator Diana Greenhalgh showed off a new pin design, including a variant blue-haired version heading to SDCC.
- ComicSketchArt.com will be exhibiting at Booth #4507 this year, where you’ll find originals, prints, and more.
- Writer and illustrator Ken Penders is also heading to the con, at Table II-24, so stop by to see him.
Anyone planning to attend this year's @Comic_Con can find me at Table II-24, which should be easy to find as I'm in the first row facing the entrance to Hall G according to the map I've downloaded.
— Ken Penders (@KenPenders) June 10, 2019
- Artist Jeff Pina has a fun new Transformers Soundwave sketch cover, which you can grab from him at SDCC 2019.
Did we miss anything? Are you super excited about anything you saw? You should let us know! You can leave us a note in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.